The National Business and Technical Examination Board (NABTEB) has released the November/December results and candidates who sat for the exams would be wondering how to check NABTEB result. I am guessing you are in this category and that is why you are here. If my guess is correct, you are on the right post.
Before I am go into the steps to check NABTEB result, it is important to be acquainted with the requirements needed for doing so successfully. Hence, I will be showing you the requirements to check your NABTEB result.
Requirements to Check NABTEB Result
To check your NABTEB result, you will need provide:
- NABTEB card PIN
- NABTEB card serial number
- Candidate Number
- Examination Type
- Exam Year
- A valid email address
I will be explaining each requirement below.
NABTEB Card PIN
The NABTEB card PIN is a 12-digit personal identification number which is at the back of ever NABTEB scratch card.
NABTEB Card Serial Number
The card serial number must not be confused with the card PIN. The serial number is also found at the back of a NABTEB scratch card but it is different from the card PIN because it contains a letter. You will find a set of nine digits that come after an alphabet at the back of your scratch card. That is the card serial number.
Every candidate that registered to write the NABTEB exam was given an identification number which is an eight digit number.
This refers to the type of NABTEB exam you wrote. There are four types of NABTEB exams written every year. There is the May/June exam, November/December exam, and Modular exams in March, June, and October. When you are asked to insert your exam type, you are being asked to provide details on the kind of NABTEB exam you wrote.
This one is pretty simple. The exam year is the year you wrote your NABTEB exam.
Candidate Email Address
You will be asked to provide an email address when checking your NABTEB result. Ensure you are providing a working email address which is accessible.
That said, let’s go into the main focus of this article.
How to Check NABTEB Result Online
This step-by-step guide below will help you check your NABTEB result:
- Open your browser and visit the NABTEB Result Checker at https://eworld.nabteb.gov.ng/
- When the page loads, under the “Online Result Checker” column, you will be asked to enter your details
- In the first box, enter your candidate number
- Next, select the exam type you wrote.
- Choose the examination year for your NABTEB exam
- In the next box, type in your card serial number which is the letter and nine digit number at the back of your scratch card
- Enter your 12-digit scratch card PIN in the next box
- Tick the box beside “Send Result to E-mail” to get your result forwarded to your email address
- Enter the email address and tap the “Submit” button
Your NABTEB result will be displayed in a couple of seconds. Make sure all the details you inserted are correct else you may encounter error messages while trying to check your result.
Aside from using the NABTEB Result Checker, you can check your NABTEB result using your mobile phone. It does not require internet connectivity to check your result using your mobile phone. You only need to have some airtime on your SIM card. I will show you how.
How to Check NABTEB Result with SMS
You can check your NABTEB result with SMS by following the steps below:
- Enter your messaging platform on any mobile device
- Now, send an SMS in this format NABTEB*ExamNo*PIN*ExamType*ExamYear to the number 32327
- If you wrote your NABTEB exam during May/June, your message would look like “NABTEB*01001001*123456789012*MJ*2021”
- If you wrote yours during the November/December period, your SMS will look like “NABTEB*01001001*123456789012*ND*2021”
- You must not leave any spaces in your message. Follow the format above and send the message to 32327 and your result will be sent to you as a text message
You can go to a cyber café to have your result printed out. Alternatively, if you checked your result with an android phone using the Result Checker, you can print it out as a PDF. Then, go to a café and send them the document.
How to Check NABTEB Result without Scratch Card
This is not a realistic thing. There is no way you can check NABTEB result without scratch card. Anyone who tells you he can do so is lying. Details on the NABTEB scratch card are quintessential to checking your NABTEB result and without a scratch card, you cannot check your result.
Before I wrap up this article, I want to show you how to get NABTEB scratch card. If you read through this article diligently, you will discover that a handful of details on the scratch card are important to checking your result. You will not be able to check your NECO result, if you do not have a scratch card.
How to Get NABTEB Scratch Card
You can get the NABTEB scratch card at any of the NABTEB zonal offices across the country. Candidates can also purchase the scratch card from any branch office of Fountain Trust Bank Plc. The scratch card is sold for 250 naira which is the NABTEB approved price for selling scratch cards.
Every scratch card can be used to check results five times. After using a scratch card for more than 5 times to check your result, you will need to buy a new one. It is vital to also note that you cannot use one scratch card to check different exam types.
If you have used a scratch card to check an exam written in May/June, it cannot be used to check the result of an exam written in November/December. In addition, it is one candidate per scratch card. Such that if a candidate has used a card before, even if they have more trials, another candidate will not be able to use theirs.
Always enter a valid email when you are trying to check your result. It will save you the pain of misusing your scratch card trials. Furthermore, whether you are sure of passing or not, ensure you tick the “Send Results to E-mail” box, so you do not have to use more scratch card tries.
Know someone who would need to read this? Well, be your brother’s keeper and share.